Wednesday, June 20, 2007

FO Sighted!


The Pack Packs are felted and ready to finish! Which scares the hell out of me, but whatever. The IBK Galenas (Blue and Multi) felts quickly but makes for a softer, thinner, more malleable fabric. Riley's PP took only one (less than, really) wash cycle to felt. Like the dragon buttons?

Want to sew on the straps and buttons for me?







Pay no attention to ... Oh never mind, my crappy picture, I mean AMAZING photography skills, have ensured that no one can see the laundry spilling forth from my couch.


It's so Tiny!










And Addie's just finished blocking. The Peregrine Merino has lots of lanolin left in it and I am guessing that why it's a bitch to felt. Took probably 5 ish cycles, I lost track after 2.

Worth it though, this yarn makes the most dense, sturdy, beutiful felt! I am definitely going to be using it again as a felting medium if I can get my hands on it through a co-op again. Might be a tad pricey to felt at full price!

And no, my pictures not fuzzy, that is a gorgeous halo this stuff developed! I keep petting it...



And yes, that IS a Ginourmous zucchini in the background. From my mama's garden. I have offered to shred it all up to freeze, but um, have failed to do so yet...

Oh, the other thing, I think I accidentally knit up the toddle sized straps on Addies. I had done the longer straps for Ry, because, well, they are 4.5 and 6. So Addie's may turn into a over the shoulder bag...

No comments: