Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Knitting Meme from a fellow MDC Mama...


#1 Is it about the finished item or about the process of knitting? Some of both? Has your focus changed one direction or the other over time? Hmm. Some of both, I believe. I do really enjoy the finished product, and have worked feverishly on a project to get there. But the rhythm and meditation of the process gets me as well. I guess the type of project dictates whether it's about the process or the finish line.

#2 How do you view mistakes? Do you think they give your project character? Is it important to have one, as my Aunt says, because only God is perfect? Or would you rip all the way back to row 5 of your husband's finished sweater knit on size 3 needles to eradicate a mistake no one else would notice? A small one I can ignore, especially if it is something for me, or something like a dishcloth or such. But I have been know to frog large sections for a mistake only I will see. The biggest problem with that is that I lose my groove. It's hard to get motivated to continue after ripping out stitches... Like the completely abandoned Quinn bag that a toddler pulled the needles out of recently. I just CANNOT make myself attempt to pick up stitches in a cable pattern.

#3 Would you rather knit a project that is comfortable for your skill level, or do you prefer a challenge that requires you to figure out new things? Depends on my mood. Usually I like a challenge that will completely encompass me, but with a new babe it's nice to pick up some mindless knitting once and again.

#4 What is something you really want to make but haven't yet? What holds you back? Is it money, skill level, time, fear of the unknown or something else? Large projects like sweaters, just because of money mostly. But I plan on getting some knitpicks at a steal and make myself a cardy for the fall. I WILL!


2 comments:

joyce said...

i LOVE your blog. obviously you rise to a challenge! that is one of the prettiest pairs of socks i have seen!

BellaBabe said...

Thank you! I feel like I am finally starting to catch up with modern tech. But then something new will be all the rage...

Thos socks are sooo easy. I really need to pick them up and finish them!